|3/4 cup||soybeans (shelled edamame) or walnuts|
|1.5 tbsp||lemon juice|
|1 tsp||liquid honey|
- Wash, peel, and grate carrots, then set aside.
- Wash, peel, and grate apple, then set aside.
- If using soybeans, bring a small pot of water to a boil and add soybeans. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Combine carrots, apple, soybeans or walnuts, lemon juice, honey, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir to coat well.
- Enjoy… or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Total Fat||1.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Look for soybeans (edamame) in the freezer section of the grocery store. It may be with regular frozen vegetables or in the organic section. Edamame should be cooked according to the package instructions before adding to a dish.
When using apples that are in season, which are usually very juicy, you may want to squeeze some of the juice out of the apples after grating.
For a sweeter hint to this salad, drizzle in a bit more honey.
For a richer salad, add a drizzle of olive oil.